Sunday, February 17, 2008

Reasons for not writing

So, it's been a long time since I contributed to my own blog. Certainly, I have some reasons for not writing. One of those reasons is certainly not that I have nothing to say. Since my last post, there have been quite a number of interesting topics that come to mind. Several weeks of my life were consumed by certain drama (yeah, it's a bad pun) surrounding our one act play. Many of you who read this have already heard the story, and if you haven't, I'd be willing to share it with you in another forum. I don't want to talk about it here. Suffice it to say, it prevented me from doing many things, and writing on this blog was one of them.

What else has been happening? Valentine's Day was just about as awful as always -- my least favorite holiday, by far. This year's was just as bad -- maybe worse in some ways -- as usual.

Our speech team, on the other hand, has been doing well. This last Saturday, we probably had our most successive tournament ever. Six of our contestants made it to the final round -- one of those finished in first place in her category; one in third. Five other contestants won ribbons for just missing out on making it to finals by one or two points. Pretty impressive.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lover of Words, Books, Games, Theatre, Film, Art said...

Congrats on speech team doing well. Very cool.

How come you never did speech team in high school?

3:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go speech team!

4:42 PM  
Blogger Kootch said...

K -- thanks. And thanks for judging. We'll see you on March 8th in St. Peter.

Stix -- probably for the same reason I didn't do theatre: an overwhelmingly painful shyness.

6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home