Saturday, January 19, 2008

Blogging Schmogging

I suppose I really should blog more. My daily routine on the internet involves checking out the blogs of no less than six of my friends and/or famous celebrities. I'm always disappointed when I discover that they haven't made any new entries. But then I realize that I haven't written anything new on here for 17 days, so I guess I really have no basis for my disappointment.

So, what have I been up to? One act practices are going well. We practice four nights a week, so that's been keeping me busy. I like the play a lot, but I just don't know if it's as good as it should be, and I don't know why. We perform for competition a week from today. It just doesn't seem like a winning play at this point, but what do I know? The couple of years where I thought we were phenomenal and should've won, we placed 3rd and 4th. So, maybe that bodes well for this year.

Other than that, the semester ended yesterday, so I've been spending a lot of time wrapping things up there, reading research papers and such. I actually finished grades for four out of my five classes as of yesterday, which puts me slightly ahead of the game. I should be spending more time preparing for next semester's classes, which begin on Tuesday, but I didn't really start thinking about it much until a few days ago. Mostly they're repeats of classes I've taught before, so it's okay, 'cause I don't change much. But I do have one brand new class, which I've never taught before, for which I'm totally unprepared. Not my fault, though. It's a college-level and college-credit lit course, and I've been waiting for some instruction, guidance, something from the college which is sponsoring it, and they've been really lax. Part of my plan for the weekend is to throw together a tentative syllabus for this class. A big problem is that we're still going to need to order materials -- you know, like books and things. Ah, well, this is a learning process for all of us (it's a new situation for our school entirely), so there's bound to be some bugs to work out, right?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's "blogging schlogging."

10:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home