Saturday, July 08, 2006

Phone Call From the Future

Friday night about twenty minutes to midnight, my phone rang. This didn't strike me as especially odd, since most of my friends know I tend to stay up late during the summer months. It was my friend Alan. I wasn't surprised to hear from him (though we haven't talked for a couple years) as he'd said through e-mail that he was planning to give me a call one of these days. Alan lives in Tokyo. One of the first things he said was that it was Saturday afternoon there, so he was calling me from the future. [Insert spooky Twilight Zone music here.] Alan's going to be back in the states for awhile sometime in August, so I'm sure I'll meet up with him then. I still want to get over to Japan some day. Considering that I've got a place to stay for free and a "guide" who speaks fluent Japanese, I'd be a fool not to, right? Maybe next summer.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Considering Japan's proximity to Korea, you may want to wait until W is out of the White House to visit there.
Right now it's pretty much an even bet who he's going to attack next, Iran or North Korea.

1:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The future? Did he mention anything about flying cars?

7:23 AM  
Blogger Kootch said...

No flying cars, but he told me it was going to be a nice day.

8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home