Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Endorsed by...

I had a new and interesting experience today. You know how political candidates are "endorsed by" certain organizations? I never really thought about how that happened. But this morning, I got to be part of a committee for our teachers' union (Education Minnesota) as we screened candidates for the state legislature from our area. There were eight of us in the group, and we interviewed one Republican incumbent and two DFL challengers for House and Senate seats in the area. The questions were provided to us, but we were able to add follow-up questions and veer into different areas as well. As someone who is something of a political junkie, moreso during election times, I found the entire process really intriguing. When first asked to participate, and even while going through the introductory stuff this morning, I didn't think it was going to be all that interesting, but as we got going, I really found I enjoyed the process.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So after the interviews how do you decide which candidate to endorse?
Is it a majority bote deal, or do you need to reach a consensus?

Who got the endorcement?

1:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home