Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Post-Play

Last week, I performed in our town's summer community theatre play. As I have the last couple of years. Although this year I didn't enjoy it nearly as much. I'm not sure exactly why that is. The play itself is very funny, and we got excellent reactions from the audience each night. Most of the other actors in the show were people I'd worked with in previous years. Somehow the level of excitement just wasn't there for me. Going to rehearsal every night was more of a chore than something to look forward to. After finishing the final performance on Saturday night and striking the set, while walking home, I felt primarily an overwhelming sense of relief that it was all over. As I said, the play itself was a good one and the other cast members are people I consider both friends and theatrical talents (to some degree), but I just didn't have much fun, and I'm not sure why.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home