Sunday, May 25, 2008

Lonely Day

Today was one of those days when I had very little human contact. Those who know me well know that those aren't unusual, even if they don't happen all that often. Sure, I spent about 20-25 minutes this morning talking on the phone with a U.S. senate candidate. But the only time I left the house was to get lunch, which involved giving an order, and to go to the movies, and I talked to the cashier at the theatre (one of my students) for a few seconds. That's it. Normally, I relish these days, but today felt a little bit...lonely.

I had a couple of goals today. One was blocking the entire play I'm directing this summer. The other was to read at least one of the two stacks of papers I brought home to grade this weekend. I got through half the play; I'm up to the end of Act I. I didn't touch the homework papers. Fortunately, there's an extra day this weekend to get it done. I watched a lot of TV and read something like nine comics. Perhaps I can be more productive tomorrow. I did clean up the living room a bit, though, so I guess that's something.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lover of Words, Books, Games, Theatre, Film, Art said...

I understand the lonely day, but I sure wouldn't mind one of those about now.

2:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It may the three day weekend. They can feel weird because you assume everyone else is playing volleyball on the beach while (if you're me), you're vacuuming.

12:31 PM  
Blogger Kootch said...

Stix, hey, it's not my fault you got married and had half a dozen kids.

K, you're probably right. It's also that preview-of-summer feeling for me, which makes me glad I took that job in Rushford to keep me busy.

5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home