Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Emotional Dreams

I've had several dreams lately that have made a big impression on me. I don't remember the content of the dreams, and in fact, didn't really remember them when I awoke. What happened was that I woke up with a overwhelming sense of sadness, melancholy, or nostalgia. Somehow the feelings that I had bubbled up from my subconscious. Those dreams (again, ones that I don't even remember) affected my emotions a great deal. I think part of it is that I've been feeling rather sad lately about various things going on in my life. I've been submerging those feelings, trying not to think about the stuff that's happening (or is about to happen) that's really making me feel depressed. In trying to ignore it -- or at least keep it out of my conscious mind -- it's affected my nighttime, sleeping mind. It's created some weird feelings. I've woken up with these very strong emotional reactions to things that I hadn't been consciously thinking about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home