Thursday, October 20, 2005

Solo Flight

On something of a whim today, I decided to go see the movie "Flight Plan" with Jodie Foster. (Umm...the movie stars Jodie Foster; she didn't go to the movie with me.) I hadn't been to see a movie in about three weeks, a really long time for me. "Flight Plan" was fairly entertaining and kept my interest throughout, given that I was able to suspend a great deal of disbelief for the whole situation, and the outcome was pretty obvious. I went to a 3:25 matinee. Our local theatre shows matinees only when school's not in session: summers, weekends, and school breaks, like this weekend's MEA. I was the only person in the theatre for this movie. The only one. This is only the second or third time this has ever happened to me. It's quite a trip being the sole viewer in a movie theatre. I'd recommend it.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is it just me, or does it seem strangely incongruous that the theater would be open for matinees when school is not in session, and then only one person show up for the show?
And that person being a teacher no less?

10:37 PM  
Blogger Kootch said...

I'm not sure it's incongruous. It does strike me as odd that they continue to offer matinees because the theatre is usually pretty empty when they show them. I went to Batman Begins on opening day to the first showing, something like 1:00 in the afternoon, and there were maybe 10 people in the whole theatre.

12:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home