Sunday, October 02, 2005

Not-so-lost weekend

This weekend, the first one of October, felt more like a weekend in July with temps in the 80s both days. I took some time off this weekend. Spent Saturday in Mankato, where I'd gone to pick up my new glasses. I discovered when getting them fitted that I'd chosen the exact same frame for my new ones as I had for my previous ones. I guess if something ain't broke, don't fix it, right? After getting my glasses, I decided to check out the theatre in the mall to see what was playing, and to my pleasant surprise, Serenity, which I really wanted to see, was there. I had just missed the first show by ten minutes, but decided to hang around town for another three hours to catch the next showing. I ate some lunch, talked to my buddy Hybbert who was working at Game Stop, and killed some time in Barnes and Nobles. After the movie, I hung around the mall some more and ran into a woman who used to teach German at the high school I work at, but who left there a couple years ago. Got home about 9:00 that night, read some comics and watched the season premiere of Saturday Night Live.

Today, Sunday, I spent a lot of time, re-reading and listening to the music from the show I'm directing starting this week, and trying to put together a more comprehensive rehearsal schedule. All in all, it's been a pretty relaxing weekend, one I'm not sure will come again for awhile.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How was serenity?

10:34 PM  
Blogger Kootch said...

I liked it a lot, though bear in mind that I was a big fan of the show "Firefly" on which it's based (something of a sequel/conclusion) to the point that I bought the DVD box set and watched all 13 episodes in the weeks before school started.

That said, I think that someone with no knowledge of the show would be able to easily understand and enjoy the movie. For me, I think the main difference lay in knowing all the characters going in.

4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home