Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Auditions

We (my musical director and I) held our second night of auditions this evening for our school's fall musical show. There are a lot of very talented kids who've tried out. Now it's a matter of casting, fitting the right actor with the right part. It's been said that if you do a good job of casting your show, it's 75% done, and I kind of believe that. One of the problems with this particular show is that not everyone who tried out will be able to get a part. With most musicals, everyone can at least be in the chorus if they don't get a speaking part or larger role. In this show, there's no chorus. I feel really bad when kids try out and I'm unable to cast everyone, but that's life in the theatre, I guess.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Auditions were always my favorite part of ballet. Being one of three guys available, I pretty much secured a good part right off the bat. Thus I could sit back and let the ladies sweat it out...

4:39 PM  
Blogger Lover of Words, Books, Games, Theatre, Film, Art said...

Nice to see Wyl hanging out in here!

You didn't mention what show you are doing, for which you are holding auditions.

8:52 AM  
Blogger Kootch said...

Into the Woods...

9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home