Sunday, August 21, 2005

Guilt over ordering pizza on a Sunday night

I got home tonight (I'd been to the movie theatre over in Sherburn) at about 9:45. I was pretty hungry, as I hadn't eaten much all day, so I grabbed the menu off my fridge and called the local Green Mill. The menu said they delivered until 10:00, so I figured I was safe. When they answered the phone, the first thing I asked was "Are you still delivering?" There was a short, but very noticeable, pause before the response came back, "What would you like?" So I ordered my pizza which was delivered a half hour later. Why, I wonder, do I feel a little bit of guilt over ordering a delivery that close to the cut-off time? They were still open to delivery, so I should be in the clear, right? And yet I do feel a bit sheepish about it. Though I must say, the delivery guy seemed cheerful enough -- maybe he was getting some overtime.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home