Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Highway 61 Revisited

Yesterday evening, I had the pleasure of driving from Minneapolis/St. Paul down to Winona along highway 61. This is a road along which I made many, many trips in previous years, but probably haven't been on for a couple of years now. It was sort of like revisiting an old friend, only with several new restaurants and shops along the sides. The more things change... And the "camp Hok-Si-La" sign in Lake City always reminds me of Knapik. The sun was setting about the time we got to Wabasha, and I remembered the many times I drove that Wabasha-to-Winona route after dark. Always keep one eye peeled to the side of the road for deer; oddly enough, I didn't see any last night. Dozens upon dozens of bugs committed suicide on my windshield, though.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kootch said...

I used to take the Wisconsin side south from Red Wing every once in awhile, just as an alternative. It has some great views of the river.

11:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home