Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Arm - Update

So I saw the orthopedic guy this morning. Took a couple more x-rays, this time of my wrist, which was the center of much more pain. (Considering the amount of radiation that's been shot through my body the last couple of days, I fully expect to be developing super-powers any moment now.) The wrist looked all right, but the fracture on the elbow (the radius?) was causing the pain. Unexpectedly (to me) the doc didn't put a cast on my arm -- he thought it would heal much faster and better without it. (And looking at my left elbow, which I broke when I was seven, he could see that I didn't quite have the range of motion that I should have. Convinced me.) So I've still got the sling but that's it. I still can't really use that arm for much (no lifting, no pushing, etc.) but with my hand free, I can hold small stuff, at least. I have to go back in a week, but for now I'm getting by a little better (I was able to take a shower tonight). I'm not sure about trying to drive, and I do need to go back to work on Monday. I've got a little more range of motion in my elbow (certainly nothing close to normal yet), but I cannot rotate my wrist at all without experiencing intense pain. So I'm not doing that.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, just take it easy so your body can heal properly. I hope you get better soon.

9:00 AM  
Blogger Lover of Words, Books, Games, Theatre, Film, Art said...

"No lifting, no pushing" ... like you would, anyway?

12:17 AM  
Blogger Kootch said...

Well, I was planning on setting up stuff in my room at school which would include carrying in boxes of books, but hey...

4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home