Thursday, June 05, 2008

Biking in Winona

I've been in Winona since late Monday. I've been "working" in Rushford every evening, but have spent some days in the old hometown. I brought my bike with me -- I should say my "old bike" though I haven't gotten a new one yet. I ordered one, and it should even now be sitting at the bike shop in Fairmont, but it will probably be Monday before I've got a chance to get in there and get it. So I got my "old bike" fixed at the bike shop here in Winona (I'd broken yet another spoke in the back wheel), and had it out today for the first time. I rode from my parents' house (where I'm staying) down to the lake, and once around; probably an eight-mile total trip, which is about what I'd been riding in Fairmont the last couple of weeks -- for some reason I haven't worked my way up to my usual 10- to 12-mile daily ride yet. It was enjoyable and nostalgic to ride around Lake Winona again (and I'm hoping to do so on a pretty regular basis while I'm here this summer). It's a nice scenic route, and I was re-introduced to the numerous swarms of gnats and other insects that congregate about face height above the path.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Summers in college I'd bike the lake bike trail in the evenings. It was great.

5:54 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

At first I thought the title of this post was "bikini in Winona," and I was excited.

11:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home