Saturday, May 13, 2006

The Lions of Martin County

I dreamt last night of lions. In one dream I was walking across a field from some small town back toward my home. This seemed a bit more like Winona County than Martin County since there were stands of trees and gently rolling hills, natural features which are severely lacking out here on the prairie. In the distance off to my left about 50 yards or so, I saw two lions, a male and a female, lounging. Unlike real life, my dream self wasn't panicked by this, but continued walking, hoping that I wouldn't be noticed. Later I had a second dream where I was in my room at school, but this being a dream, my room wasn't much like my room really is: there were large windows along the back walls and the desks in the room sat in traditional front-to-back rows. Through the back windows I saw a couple of female lions quite near the building, with several lion cubs. I pointed them out to my students, who rushed to the windows to see.

I'm not sure what any of this means, but it was cool.

6 Comments:

Blogger Kootch said...

I really like the first line of this post. It sounds almost literary.

10:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Were you listening to Bruce before you went to bed?

I used to dream frequently about Cougars, a.k.a. Mountain Lions in the large tree in our back yard. Just laying in the upper branches keeping an eye on things.

Our mutual friend, Jill Crosby, used to interpret dreams for me, but i don't know if i ever told her about my cougar dream.

1:21 AM  
Blogger Kootch said...

I was not listening to Bruce before I went to bed, nor were the lions at the door.

My first thought in interpreting your cougar dream is that it means you're afraid of cougars. However, since the cougars seem to be benevolent and peaceful, I think perhaps you see the cougar as a calming, protector-type of animal. Maybe this has something to do with Denny's one-time Cougar automobile.

Then, of course, maybe it wasn't a dream at all.

7:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knew you'd understand the Bruce reference, man

12:02 AM  
Blogger Kootch said...

Bro: Duh.

K: No John Cougar and/or Mellencamp. And I seldom listen to Walter.

6:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But that's OK, because Walter seldom listens to you either, right?

12:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home