Saturday, April 15, 2006

Spring break - Day 8 - New Mexico

Well, I'm currently in Tucumcari, New Mexico. If you look that up on a map (which I'm sure many of you will), you'll notice that I've gone a different route than I took on my way from Minnesota to Phoenix. I decided to try to avoid some of the areas I really didn't like on my way out, and since I'll probably never drive down this way again (can't think of any reason right now why I would), to try and go to some new places as well. So far, I think the plan's working out well. I drove the same route from Phoenix to Albuquerque, but from there kept straight on I-40 through New Mexico. The highway's in good shape, some nice scenery, and not a whole lot of traffic (just a whole lot of semis). I drove about 10 hours today, went about 640 miles. I lost one hour going from Arizona to New Mexico, and will lose another one tomorrow when I leave New Mexico, and get back to the Central Time Zone (and the prairie).

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was looking at a map this evening (during a pitching change in the awesome Twins' victory over the Yanks) to see what other rout you could take.
So far you are on my alternate route. Are you going to continue East on I-40 or head N'East on 54 to Wichita?

11:57 PM  
Blogger Kootch said...

The plan was to take I-40 to I-35. (This is all based on what Denny told me.) But looking at the map tonight, I was wondering about that highway 54 route. I wonder what kind of road that is.

12:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home