Friday, December 23, 2005

Twas the night before Christmas (eve)

About a week ago, I wrote a post asking about sending a return Christmas card if you get one from someone you didn't expect to and didn't send one to. Here's what my brother, known to one and all as Bro, had to say in reply:

This is why you should always send your Xmas cards out late enough in December so that no one who isn't already planning on sending you a card can, upon getting one from you,add you to their list and get you a card before "The Big Day".

Apparently taking his own advice to heart, Bro, who wrote Christmas cards with Bill and me on the 9th, didn't mail his until much later. I received one today. HOWEVER, if I hadn't already sent one, I could've written one out quickly, driven down to the post office (my mail arrives pretty early in the day), and sent it out, and it quite possibly would arrive tomorrow. You might want to wait one extra day next year, Bro.

When I got home this afternoon from doing some final shopping (I was gonna say "last-minute shopping" but is it really last minute when there's a whole 'nother day yet to go?), I found another card had been slipped through my mail slot and was lying on my floor. This was from my friend Bob, who lives in Sherburn and teaches in Fairmont (as opposed to me, who lives in Fairmont and teaches in Sherburn) and his new wife, Anna. They were married three weeks ago today.

One more mail-receiving day before Christmas.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have not faithfuly read all of your posts on this card subject, but Mr Dan Munson, aka Stix, also wrote cards w/ us that night and neither me or our parents have received one from him yet.

P.S. Mine to you was late b/c i had a typo in the address and it came back to me.
Now, if i'd hand-written the address and not used my fanacy new label (the first time) the postman (or woman) would probably have figured out where it was supposed to go and delivered it in a more timely manner.

6:48 PM  
Blogger Kootch said...

On the other hand, they might not have been able to read your writing.

Hmm...I haven't had one from the Stix, either.

What do you mean, you haven't faithfully read all my posts??

11:51 PM  
Blogger Lover of Words, Books, Games, Theatre, Film, Art said...

Mine haven't been sent out as my wife wants to include photos -- which haven't even been taken yet!

My guess is that around Dec 28 I'll get fed up and say, "I'm just going to send them anyway."

9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home