Monday, December 12, 2005

Greetings update

I thought I'd keep an online record of Christmas cards received, because...well, I don't really have a reason. Since my last report, I have received two. Sort of. A while back, I got one from my cousin Jean and her husband (though I doubt he had much to do with it). It was one of those Christmas letters that I'm so fond of (insert ironic emoticon here). No card, even, just the letter. So far, I've only made it about halfway through it. On Saturday I got one from my old college roommate Cros and his wife Jill (an old high school and college friend of mine; sadly, I find myself responsible for their coupling). They're traditionalists: always include a picture of their two kids (now 17 and 14) and a Christmas letters. Jill's are better than most, however, 'cause she has long cultivated a creative, cynical, and ironic tone to her writing.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got the same letter from Cros and Jill. And I'm sure her kids are great, but you know just once, I'd like to receive one of the Xmas letters from a parent that didn't think their kids were the greatest in the world.
Like Marge Simpson wrote all those years ago on "The Simpson's"; "And Bart? Well. we love Bart."

11:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home