Sunday, September 18, 2005

CTAM conference

I spent all day Friday and Saturday morning at a conference in Mankato. CTAM stands for Communication and Theater Association of Minnesota, or something like that. It's an organization of and for speech and theatre teachers and coaches, and I qualify under all of those permutations. Normally, I'm not big on the whole "conference" scene but this was really good. It was informative, entertaining, and I came away with good ideas for things to do in classes, and helpful hints for coaching as well. It will also enable me, once I take a short open-book test on the rules, to become a registered judge for speech and one-act play events, something that I've wanted to do for some time now. All in all, I'd have to say it was money and time well spent.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lover of Words, Books, Games, Theatre, Film, Art said...

Very cool. How did you find out about it?

2:56 PM  
Blogger Kootch said...

CTAM sent me a postcard; I know a lot of speech coaches in the area, of course. But I had to contact someone locally (the director of our summer theatre program) to get the details.

6:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home