Wednesday, August 22, 2007

I'm still here

One of my favorite early '90s albums is Woodface by Crowded House. At the end of the disc, there's a "hidden track." After a substantial amount of silence, a rather racous music ensues and someone sings/yells the words, "I'm still here" repeatedly. Jarring.

If anyone is depending on reading this blog* to keep track of me, I'm sure they'd be wondering what happened. The answer is not a whole heck of a lot, really. I spent a week "on vacation," a few days in Winona and a long weekend at the comic convention in Chicago. Back home, I spent a lot of last week, volunteering at the County Fair. I spent 8 hours (spread over two consecutive days) staffing the DFL booth, and another 3 1/2 hours another day taking tickets at what I affectionately refer to as the "back gate." This week, I've gone over to school a couple of days (though only for an hour or so each time) -- work starts in earnest for me on Monday, and kids start school the following Tuesday, the day after Labor Day.

Do I have an excuse for not blogging? Not really, just not much to say. Do I need one?

*and I don't think either of you are.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not using your blog to keep track of you, but it is nice to know what you're up to. I guess I could email you more often (read: ever).

2:24 AM  
Blogger Kootch said...

S'alright, Wyl. I do the same with your live journal.

10:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home