Friday, June 02, 2006

The Real Last Day of School

Students were done yesterday, but teachers had to report today. The morning started with a district-sponsered breakfast honoring our one retiring teacher. I then spent the next three hours (give or take a couple minutes) finishing my grades. I still had a few papers to read and then had to finalize everything, make copies for my own records, and send everything through the computer system to the office. This last bit took the longest, as the first four times I tried it, I encountered some type of glitch in the system wherein the office didn't receive my complete grades. This was frustrating, and added to my already lessening time to do anything else. I left school a bit before noon with a lot of cleaning up of my room, packing stuff up and bringing it home left to do. I'll be going in sometime next week to finish all that up. Spent most of the afternoon at a retirement party for the above-mentioned colleague, then stopped briefly by two graduation parties for a couple of "my" senior kids, and then our three-hour play rehearsal here in Fairmont. All this on well under six hours of sleep, and I'm up late again tonight. When, oh when, will I ever learn?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home