Thursday, June 01, 2006

Cue Alice Cooper

Today was the last day for students at my high school, or as we call it, the last day with kids. Tomorrow we have a half-day workshop -- although I can't envision getting done what I need to do in only four hours -- and then summer begins in earnest. Today was a pretty chaotic, crazy day, as the last day of school usually is. I can't believe the number of kids I had turning in overdue assignments today. I think I made a strategic error in not making a day last week the final day for turning in late assignments -- something to think about for the future. Three kids in my first hour speech class came up to me at the end of class today, asking when they could make up various speeches they weren't prepared for when they were supposed to have given them, weeks or months ago. It's a little late to be thinking of that, kids. I spent most of my day correcting last assignments and trying to update grades into my computer. As a result, I only made it about halfway through the papers that one of my Lit. courses turned in today -- the day it was due (kind of a final paper for the class). First thing tomorrow, I'll be finishing those up and then cleaning and packing up my room. And I'm up way too late tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home