Sunday, May 28, 2006

Mcdonald's rant

The one thing I expect from McDonald's is fast serice. I don't expect healthy food, I don't even expect food that tastes particularly good. But I do expect it to be fast. They are the pioneers of "fast food" after all. I stopped at Mac's on my way home tonight since I hadn't had much to eat all day. There was an SUV-type vehicle at the ordering station (you know, the place where the microphone is), and two cars behind it when I pulled up, making me third in line. From that spot until I actually got up to order took a full ten minutes. Yep, ten minutes. When I arrived there, someone came on the speaker right away and took my order (simply, a double cheeseburger and medium fries). It then took me another six minutes to make it from there to the first window, the one where they take your money. When I got there, no one was in sight, but in a few seconds, someone walked up to the window and took my $2.13. Another four minutes passed while the two cars ahead of me then got their orders and left. By the time I got to the pickup window, it had been ten minutes since I placed my order. And I sat there for two more minutes until someone brought my bag of food to the window and handed it to me. I was told to have a nice day, but no mention was made of the long wait. From the time I pulled into the parking lot until I got my food and left -- twenty-two minutes had passed. And by the way, the fries I was given seemed liked they'd been sitting out for about half an hour before I got them; they were cold and hard. Like I said, I don't expect a lot from McDonald's but their key element was certainly missing tonight.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kootch said...

There was an article in today's Minneapolis Star Tribune that stated that 17 minutes was the amount of time an average American would wait in line before losing patience.

4:10 PM  
Blogger Kootch said...

Ha. Good one, K.

9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home