Sunday, April 02, 2006

Daylight switching time

I hope everyone remembered to set their clocks ahead one hour for Daylight Switching Time last night. (One fall I forgot all about setting my clocks back, and ended up going into work an hour early that Sunday, making a five-hour shift into a six-hour one.)

I prefer the term "daylight switching" to "daylight saving" because we're not really saving any daylight, we're just switching if from the morning hours into the late afternoon. I don't really care a great deal about it one way or another, except when we get that extra hour in the fall; that's very cool (with the exception of the above-related incident). However, the one thing that does bug me about starting it now is that it's darker later in the morning. As I've said before, I'm not a morning person, and what bothers me the most is when I have to get up when it's still dark out. I usually don't mind getting up early if the sun's already up. During the school year, I have a regular waking time of 6:30. It's just gotten to the point where it's light out by then, and now with the switch, it'll be dark again when I get up. All for an extra hour of sunlight in the evening? I take it back -- it's not worth it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kootch said...

Well,

Time never-ending
Did not exist before man
It didn't matter.

(As you well know, Mo.)

7:05 PM  
Blogger Kootch said...

All the money they makes, they gives to their chillen

8:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My question about all this time switching and time zones, etc. which has still gone unanswered is:
Why can't it just be the same time all over?
I actually had a great idea on how to do that at the beginning of the Century, but no once seemed interested.
As usual, i have vision and the rest of the world wears bifocals.

10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home