Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Confuse-a-Cat

My mom, often the purveyor of odd but strangely useful gifts, gave me a page-a-day calendar for Christmas, as she usually does. This year's calendar was a cat one. Each day contains an odd little factoid or story about cats in general (yesterday's was that cats like to lie in the sun -- duh), and a picture of a cat or cats submitted by someone. (There's even info on how and where to submit your photos.) Each cat is identified by name, location, and the name of its owners (or, as the cats like to think of them, staff). I've decided that my current feline companion, who has been called Walter since about his first birthday, should try out some different names. So each day, I've been calling him by the name on the calendar. Today, he's Harriet. In recent days, he's been Spazz, Montana, Dakota, Lucy, Ruby, and Boots. He doesn't react any differently to these names than he does when I call him Walter. But it's fun for me.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just don't call him Agatha or Agnes. You'll confuse Stix.

6:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So are you going to submit a picture of "the cat formerly known as Walter" for the 2007 calendar

4:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

At some point, you will utter what Walter thinks of as his real name, and he'll think, about time. Or maybe not.

5:24 PM  
Blogger Kootch said...

Good point, K. I'm waiting to see if there's another Walter on the cat calendar.

9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home