Monday, January 09, 2006

My Young Girlfriend

First of all, let me be perfectly clear: I don't have a new girlfriend, young or otherwise. I've been "single" for a long time now. Sometimes people wonder why I don't have a girlfriend. Sometimes I wonder why I don't have a girlfriend. I was thinking about ex-girlfriends the other day. There was a time in my life where I, while I was getting older, the girls I was dating stayed the same age. Some statistics: when I was 23, I married a girl who was 19. The marriage lasted only about three years. When I was 26, I was dating a woman who was 23. When I was 27, I was dating a girl who was 21. When I was 29, I was dating a girl who was 21. When I was 35, my girlfriend was 26. Now I'm not saying I want to date someone who's 21 (though I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to it). My point -- if I have one -- is that as I progressed through my 20s, I kept an interest in younger women to the point where I don't now (and never really did) have much of an interest in women my own age. Unfortunately, now that I'm in my 40s, girls in their 20s just don't seem to be much interested in dating me anymore.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The trick is to notlet th ewomen know how old you are until they go out with you.
That way you get at least one date, and really, when was the last time any of us had a second dare?

1:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The trick is to notlet the women know how old you are until they go out with you.
That way you get at least one date, and really, when was the last time any of us had a second dare?

1:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Something else worth examining might be exactly why you seem to be attracted to women in their twenties. Is it their energy? Their somewhat unspoiled, yet-unjaded outlook on life? Something else entirely?

11:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry about the double-post. i was having computer problems and wasn't sure if the first one went through.

2:18 PM  
Blogger Kootch said...

And yet you couldn't correct the typos, Bro?

5:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, if i corrected them, they wouldn't be typos anymore, would they?

1:05 AM  
Blogger Kootch said...

Ideally.

5:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You were married?

7:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

P.S. I like Bro's typos. They seem to make me concentrate, kind of like a puzzle.

7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home