Monday, November 28, 2005

Very good pig country, Camelot

I don't know how many of you readers saw this story in last Monday's Minneapolis Star Tribune (here's the link: http://www.startribune.com/stories/1608/5738985.html) about feedlots in Minnesota. The story contains a color-coded county-by-county map of the state, with the number of feedlots in each. On the cattle/dairy/swine map, the numbers go up by 11s or less until the last category. The second highest category is 28-39, and the highest one is 40-93. There is only one county in that last group, and it's Martin county, where I live. The only reason I can fathom as to why they'd use "40-93" as the range is if, in fact, there are 93 feedlots in the county. While I can certainly believe that (you can hardly drive a quarter mile out here without sighting another group of pig barns), I am a bit astounded that we have three times as many as any other county in the whole state. Mmmm...think I'll go have some bacon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home