Saturday, November 19, 2005

Field Trip

I took my theatre class to Minneapolis yesterday to see a production of A Midsummer Night's Dream at the University of Minnesota. A college production, to be sure, but certainly more than many of these kids will ever get to see otherwise. And it was something we'd read together in class, so they at least knew the story. I'd like to say the production was great, and looking back on it tonight I can say that it was very well done. However, I personally couldn't enjoy it too much because I was too distracted by certain problems that had occurred on the way up to the Cities, mostly that a couple of students had decided to take the opportunity to drink on the bus. I dealt with the problem as efficiently as I could at the time, and will do moreso on Monday when we get back to school. The vast majority of the students on the trip, ninety percent, were well behaved and seemed to enjoy the show. I, however, was annoyed and had to think about how to deal with the behavior of the minority to the point where I couldn't "get into" and enjoy the show.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Assuming they weren't drinking Mt. Dew or Pepsi, are we talking possible suspension here?

12:29 AM  
Blogger Kootch said...

Five-day suspensions for both started today.

8:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nearby Fairmont has five lakes. Get a boathouse, people.

3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home