Monday, August 29, 2005

Workshop Day 1

So today was back to work for me after my three-month summer vacation. Not much was accomplished, sadly. We spent the entire morning attending some "technology workshops" given by various members of our staff. What I learned from that I could have gotten in one handout and a five-minute explanation, but we spent over three hours on it. Many of you who teach will understand my frustration with these kind of days, which don't seem very productive. After lunch, I drove down to the high school (the workshops were at the junior high in Trimont), and after a staff meeting, had about an hour and a half to work in my room. This is the time that's most needed, and thankfully, tomorrow the whole day will be devoted to it. I didn't get much done this afternoon. The whole staff got new computers, and I don't think anyone's got theirs to work completely correctly yet. I can log on to mine, but can't get to our "network" and any of my saved documents or even to the internet. I left in frustration today after a day of very little accomplished. Students will arrive on Thursday.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kootch said...

It's not so much the wrist as further up the arm, the elbow and shoulder. I am able to rotate the wrist at least halfway to normal without causing pain, a great improvement from a week ago. It's really more inconvenience than pain at this point. Although it hurts a bit at times, depending on what I try to do, it's more of a bother not being able to use my right arm much. As an example, it's really difficult to open a simple package of something, like a plastic bag, say.

9:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home