Tuesday, June 17, 2008

New Bike

I picked up my new bike in Fairmont on Friday. I did some riding this weekend, and really enjoyed it. The new bike is fabulous (once I got rid of the toeclips on the pedals; it should be even better now). I'm in Winona again, and went for a ride this afternoon on my old bike, the one I've had for twenty years or more. It's hard to believe I used to ride twice around the lake on a daily basis -- of course, it's also hard to believe I used to be younger than I am now. I try to deny that as much as possible. I made it around the lakes once today, and a second time around the west (smaller) side. It's amazing how after only a couple days, the old bike seems so much...well, older than my new one. The new bike is much lighter, and a bit bigger. I realize that my old bike isn't really the right size for me, and it's just harder to ride. It almost seems like I'm getting more exercise on the old one -- harder to move it, heavier, etc. -- but the exact opposite is actually true. I can't wait to get back to Fairmont (didn't think I'd ever be saying that) and get on the new Trek 1.2.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home