Thursday, November 29, 2007

You call that auditions?

I held auditions for our high school one act play yesterday and today after school. Prior to auditions (last week), I made a list of those students who I expected to try out. My list included 15 girls and 3 boys. Of those 18 kids, 15 came in for auditions. Two approached me to let me know that they wouldn't be audtioning. The last of the 18 stopped by at the end of the school day today to set up an alternate time to audition, since she couldn't stay after school today. So, 18 for 18. And every one of them is a student who has auditioned and been cast in previous shows. I'm not bemoaning the lack of new talent, I'm just kind of amazed at how accurately I was able to predict the turnout. Since everyone who was there was someone I knew ahead of time (and had worked with on other shows), I didn't have to do much for auditioning. Now it's just a matter of casting the show I've chosen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home