Thursday, October 04, 2007

first week of rehearsal

We had four nights of rehearsal this week, two or three hour rehearsals. The first night was our read-through. Since then, seeing that we're doing a musical, we've been having musical practices. Which means that my musical director has been teaching the kids their songs and practicing with them. I don't help much with that. I've spent some time blocking the play, and one night, I spent my entire time reading/grading/correcting papers from my classes. I've blocked about the first half of the play so far -- it's going very easily. A lot of the stage directions in the play are very usable (which is not always the case), and there are a lot of songs which I'm mostly skipping as they'll be choreographed by someone else. I kinda feel like I haven't done much yet, but I have been spending my 2-3 hours nightly at school.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home