Monday, June 04, 2007

No satisfaction

I'm just a little frustrated. Coming home from school today, I had two important phone calls to make -- one to the local clinic, wondering why the blood work I had done six weeks ago never yielded any results that I heard of; and one to Minnesota State University - Mankato to see if I could get in touch with the professor who's teaching the lit class I want to take in two weeks (he needs to set up permission for me so I can register). Though I made two calls to both places, I didn't get any satisfactory response. The clinic took down some information and were going to check things out and get back to me. At MSUM, I reached the answering machines after office hours (which end at 4:00).

I saw a bunch of people on cell phones when I went grocery shopping tonight. You know how it is; no matter where you go, someone's on a cell phone. I got to thinking that people are too well-connected nowadays, but that they're only superficially connected.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home