Wednesday, February 28, 2007

And the Oscar goes to...

Apparently like most of the rest of the free world, I watched the Academy Awards broadcast last Sunday. As a big film buff, I usually do. And I like to try to pick the winners ahead of time. I don't have a chance to see many of the nominated films or appearances, but I read a lot of entertainment news. Of the 24 categories, I disqualified the 3 short film ones, as those are films I don't have a chance to see and there's really nothing written about them. So, for the remaining 21 categories, I picked 16 correctly. I even picked a couple of the "upsets" right. The biggest ones I got wrong were Best Foreign Language Film and Best Animated Film. The others were things like Sound Mixing (and how that differs from Sound Editing I don't know). Entertainment Weekly ran an online contest, picking 12 of the big categories. I got 10 of those right, missing the two I mentioned above. According to their results board, I was 35th overall. Out of over 10,000 participants. Granted, I was probably tied with multitudes for 35th place, but only 34 people actually scored better than I. I was pretty pleased with that.

Now if I could only get a chance to see some of those movies...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to see you update, Kootch!

8:33 PM  
Blogger Lover of Words, Books, Games, Theatre, Film, Art said...

Not me. I don't watch those award shows. I haven't watched them since Moonstruck struck gold. I decided that the awards don't go to the most deserving but sometimes they're "make-up" awards for over-looking something else or for a body of work culminating in the most recent film.

10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home