Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Road Problems

I have complained before on this blog about the resurfacing work (or lack thereof) on the street in front of my house. Let me add one more bit. I woke up this morning around 9:30 to the sound of steamrollers and the smell of fresh tar. They put down another layer of tar on the street, apparently the final touch. I sure hope it was the last one. My problem was they didn't bother to tell me they were doing this ahead of time. (If you check my blog entry for July 17, you'll see they told me then they'd be finished in a "couple of days.") My street has been blocked off for the past couple of months, literally the entire summer. For about a month, I parked my car across the street in the school parking lot, not knowing when they'd be working on the street. I gave that up awhile ago. Out of the garage, the car gets incredibly hot sitting in the sun, especially in the 90-100 degree heat we had awhile back. So my car was in the garage this morning. I was told -- when I asked the guys who were working out there -- that I could drive on the street "in a couple of hours." The problem with this was that I had volunteered to help take admissions at the Martin County Fair this morning starting at 11:00 a.m. for a couple of hours. No car. Fortunately, the fairgrounds aren't that far away, so I just biked it out there. But how inconsiderate. There are three houses with driveways on this block. I wouldn't think it would be that difficult to just knock on a couple doors and let people know that the street wouldn't be accessible from our homes for a couple hours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home