Friday, August 11, 2006

Lady in the Water, Man in the Theatre

I went to see the new(est) M. Night Shamaylan movie, Lady in the Water, this afternoon. While this movie has been out for awhile, it just came to Fairmont today. I went to the first showing, a two p.m. matinee. I was the only person in the theatre. Though I certainly enjoy that, in another way, it's kind of sad. I wonder how the theatre can afford to continue showing matinees like this when almost no one shows up. Maybe it was the movie itself, though Shamaylan has a following that I think wouldn't listen to reviews. By the way, all those reviewers who panned this movie? They were being a little too kind. Unless it was supposed to be a comedy...

1 Comments:

Blogger Kootch said...

The Sixth Sense was great, and Unbreakable was very good (though others didn't like it). I think his films have gone steadily downhill from there.

11:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home