Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Wednesday Morning

One thing about staying up all night is that I'm pretty much staying home. Sure, I took a walk last night about 2:30-3:00, but here in Fairmont there's nowhere to go. The only places open are the 24-hour grocery stores and Kwik Trip. Sadly, there's no 24-hour restaurant where one could go, sit, and have a cup of coffee (if, for example, I drank coffee). I've probably gotten more reading done than I would during the day, just because there's fewer distractions. I did get pretty tired this morning around 6:00 a.m., so I took a little nap. Just a little one, though. I went over to school this morning for a few minutes, and had a chiropractor's appointment afterwards. Now I'm home and about ready for bed -- at noon today.

I think 4:00 a.m. is the oddest (maybe the lonliest, maybe the most invigorating) time to be awake. There are people who regularly stay up until 2:00 or 3:00 (I'm one of them), and I know there are people who get up very early, say around 5:00 or 6:00. But when you're awake at 4:00 a.m., you know it's kind of special.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home