Sunday, January 07, 2007

What's a guy got to do to get a drink named after him anyway?

I learned a week or two ago on Jeopardy that an "Arnold Palmer" is a mixture of iced tea and lemonade. This is something that I've been enjoying for some time, and didn't know that it was an "actual drink" named for someone. It's pretty good; mix it about half and half. It's especially good with that raspberry iced tea you see now and then, and you gotta use real lemonade, not that phony pink lemonade stuff.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was introduced to Arnold Palmers by my good buddy Sailor Mike this past summer. I'd never heard the term before, though the idea of mixing lemonade with iced tea was at least a logical option before then.

As for getting a drink after named after one's self, I'm sure the key ingredients in the mix are status as a "regular" somewhere, a good bit of fame to spread the word, and a catchy name/nickname.

What would a "Kootch" be made of?

8:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mix one part Dr Pepper with one part Mr. Pibb. Shake.

10:21 PM  
Blogger Lover of Words, Books, Games, Theatre, Film, Art said...

Um, to answer your blog title's question, I'd say it would help to have a household name. You say you have a drink called an "Arnold Palmer" and I immediatly know who you're talking about, even though I can't say as I've ever seen the man's work.

By the way, my wife's family (which I admit is rather odd) has always added lemonade, rather than just water, to make what they consider to be iced tea.

10:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home