Wednesday, November 29, 2006

I'm still here

Even though I haven't posted in nearly a month. As I alluded to, I have been extremely busy. But now, I've got a little bit of what I laughingly call "down time." School has been going well. Our fall school play, Twelfth Night, went over well. Many of those who came to see it were a bit baffled by Shakespeare (they were primarily groundlings, understand), but the kids in the cast had a good time and certainly learned from the experience. Plus, some of them go to play with swords. I've had a couple of weeks off from the theatrical, though I held auditions yesterday and today for this winter's one act play. Rehearsals on that won't start for a couple weeks, though. My grad school class in Adolescent Lit has been going very well, and is down to its final two weeks. I read a lot of stuff, and enjoyed some of it a great deal. My favorite book by far was Tim O'Brien's The Things They Carried, which I highly recommend to anyone. The one thing that hasn't gotten to the point it should have is my other grad "class," my alternate plan paper. I'm supposed to be writing this thing on Neil Gaiman and Sandman, and how it might be used in high school, but haven't really had a chance to even start it. That won't be done in time, so I'm looking at an incomplete there. I should have time to finish it over winter break, though, I think. The other thing that's taken up a lot of my time was visiting my brother Dean in the hospital in Minneapolis, where he spent the last couple of months. Most of the time I was there, he wasn't even really conscious, but I really went to spend some time with my mom and dad who were there most of those two months. The good news is that Bro's doing much better and has been moved down to Winona, where he seems to continue to improve. I'm just finding it nice to have a few weeknights where I don't have every available minute scheduled. Later, gators.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Later, gators?"

8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home