Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Fantastic Four

A long, long time ago (in a galaxy far far away) I started writing a comic book script for Fantastic Four, one of my favorite comics, one I've been collecting monthly since 1972. I had this idea for a long time before I started writing, but have learned a fair amount about the writing of scripts for comics in recent years. I've worked on a couple of things, and even completed a short story or two. But I was stumped on my FF script for a long time. And I often find it difficult and frustrating to write. Anyway, long story short, I finished it tonight. I'm quite sure it will never go anywhere -- Marvel comics doesn't take submissions from unpublished writers -- but I feel like I've accomplished something: my first, full-length, twenty-two page comic book script. If only I knew a dependable artist, I could take a look at some of my other ideas and see if I could actually get something published; self-publishing is very big in the comic book industry. At least it would be a start.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home